At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re committed to protecting the environment, including locally in Newport. Whether it’s done through our own business practices or providing energy-saving products, we strive to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits no matter the season.
Pella Glass Options
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with selections based on your climate. The styles below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 features insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This glass also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to improve energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler when it’s hot outside. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Consult your Newport Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass options or our best product for the Newport region.
Determining Energy Efficiency
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – multiple layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella uses it between two or more glass panes to give additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home when it’s hot and inside the room when it’s cold; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Newport Area Home
We’ve added features to help our products strengthen your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.