An Estimator prepares a quotation from a list of materials, an elevation takeoff or project plans and specs. They will interact with internal and external customers, and make technical and financial decisions as they pertain to the project. The Estimator will interact on the phone and should have knowledge of Pella product lines and pricing systems. This position requires moderate supervision. Continually strive for 100% “Very Satisfied” customers.
Responsibilities/Accountabilities includes the following, but not limited to:
- Ensure customers receive proper service with accurate and timely preparation of estimates, sometimes involving coordination with other departments.
- Work closely with Sales, Pella Architectural and Support Services, Project Coordinators and external customers demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Answer technical questions regarding product and installation applications as well as recommend solutions when asked.
- Be responsible for list of material and elevation takeoff estimates as well as plans and specs estimating.
- Conduct construction site visits for field measurement, product testing, and installation training.
- Attend regular meetings to discuss project status and pricing strategies with sales and management.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Adhere to Pella Corporation policies and standard operating procedures.
- Any additional duties assigned by their manager.
- Understands architectural blueprints and details
- Understands Architectural specifications & terminology
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills: written, verbal and listening
- Attention to detail
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Adaptability to daily changing situations
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Office and smart devices, and ability to learn internal software programs and applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university within the disciplines of Construction or Engineering or an Associate’s Degree within the same disciplines and a minimum two years construction or estimating experience. Experience with an AutoCAD drafting program.
Language and Communication Skills
Ability to read and analyze documents related to contracts and work documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to verbally present information and respond to questions from customers, managers and the general public.
Must present a clean and neat physical appearance and strictly abide by company dress code serving as a role model for other employees, customers, and visitors.
Ability to solve practical and arithmetic problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, climb, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.