Winter weather is just around the corner in Newport and when the temperature lowers, the energy bills can often surge. There are many things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous regardless of the season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Newport winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can sneak in and affect your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Fall River team a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before the winter hits Newport.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Newport a call at 401-314-0814 or stop by our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.