Fall is just around the corner in Newport, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the best time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are a variety of ways to create levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Newport a call at 401-314-0814 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!